The meaning of 'Melanie'

have u ever wonder what your name means?
that day my teacher was talking about old norwegian names..
and he gave us a website where people can check the meaning of their names,
but that's a norwegian site, so can't really find english name there.
so me & my fren went to check the meaning of our names on other websites.

so.. here's mine.

Melanie is a feminine given name derived from the Greek μελανία (melania), meaning "dark".

Should i be dark?! but everyone knows that i'm fair..LoL
well, the meaning seems not so nice,
but i still love my name very much.
and everyone calls me 'mel', which sounds kinda cute too.. =D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

melanie is an awsome name and iam glad to be named melanie

Anonymous said...

When I was growing up in the '70s, I was the only Melanie anyone had heard of.
Most people just couldn't wrap their head around my name.
I mostly got called Melody or Melissa.
I do love my name, though. I was named after a character in "Gone With The Wind"
So was my mother, SueEllen.

Anonymous said...

my sister's name is melanie she is very nice and heart warming she really honest she is not dark like in which way mean but her color sort of is its like a tan color we are mexican :)

Anonymous said...

and its not 11:55 here is 4:55

melanie said...

melanie is my name and spelled the same way im printing this picture out

Unknown said...

my name is Melanie and I love the color dark and am a very nice person

Anonymous said...

my name's Melanie and a lot of people don't pronounce it right. but I'm not dark I'm cra cra zzzzzzz

Post a Comment